Corporate frauds have become rampant and have widely spread over the years. We at Network18 Media & Investments Limited and its Group Companies have observed a trend wherein certain fraudster individuals and companies have been approaching innocent job seekers and promising them lucrative job offers in our group companies. Once a potential applicant is taken into confidence, these fraudsters ask them to make payments to a designated bank account or through mobile payment gateways, after creating scenarios to the actual appointment or interview.
Here’s how it works:
Through this Fraud Alert we wish to caution all potential job seekers that Network18 Media & Investments Limited and its Group Companies:
- The first payment demands are generally in small amounts so that the aspirant is not alerted and takes it in stride.
- Once he/she is in the net, the fraudster slowly increases the amount, with the dates coming closer to the designated interview or appointment.
- There are also trends that have seen them demand large amounts on the pretext of providing an initial start-up kit, for instance a laptop, computer, or some kind of training.
- Besides money, these fraudsters have reportedly been seeking personal information to process the application. This data is invariably later sold in the market.
- Does not charge any job seeker any money or deposit for giving employment offers and interviews or for providing laptop / uniform, etc.
- Does not appoint any Agent, Agency or Individual to make or issue offers of employment or benefits on its behalf.
- Does not ask for personal documents like marksheets, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, CV to be shared through WhatsApp.
- Does not communicate using personal email IDs like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Outlook, etc. All official communications related to employment are done using an email address ending with “@nw18.com”.
Any job seeker dealing with such an Agency, Employment Portal or Individual will be doing so solely at his or her own risk and Network18 and its Group Companies do not stand responsible for any damages suffered in the process, directly or indirectly.
It will be in our mutual interest that should there be any suspicious activity pertaining to fraudulent enrolment noticed, it be reported to our Fraud & Misconduct Investigations team at email@example.com.
Registered Office: Corporate Communications Telephone : (+91 22) 40019000
First Floor, Empire Complex,
414 Senapati Bapat Marg,
Lower Parel, Mumbai-400013